March 31 Potomac DE - Page 28 - Dorkiphus.net
Navigation » Dorkiphus.net > Technical & Track Disussions > Track Talk » March 31 Potomac DE

Track Talk A place to talk about Track and DE Events, share driving tips and other Track related items.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:44 AM
Wanted: safety chair.

roundel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3 View Post
Some red group runs on Sunday.
Pt 1 - shortened by black flag
Pt 2 - a little dusty
Pt 3 - pressure plate comes apart
Just stunning. Steering through corners with your right hand on the shifter and sawing away with the left, comming out of the pits with safety equipment not donned or loose, and finally celebrating the off of another as though it were a goal of yours. I was a little disappointed I did yout see you take a phone call while you were out there.
97 318ti

"Guys, I'm coming in, I have too much grip."
Old 04-06-2012, 09:50 AM

antonioconceicao

Thanks for the videos!

WOWW this is as good as it get driving a street car! Amazing how freaking easy it looks to pull a 21 at SP compare lets say a older H or I racing car ! Am I wrong to say that it seems to me when you drive it smooth Ryan does not pull that much away from you. Amazing how Ryan just kills you between T6-T8 reminds Lane pull away from me at Club race .

Spooky fast cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3 View Post
Some red group runs on Sunday.
Pt 1 - shortened by black flag
Pt 2 - a little dusty
Pt 3 - pressure plate comes apart
SP 040112 pt1 - YouTube
summit point 040112 part2 - YouTube
SP 040112 pt3 - YouTube
1985 Citroen CX GTI
1988 Citroen BX GTI
1976 Vespa GTR 125cc
1970 Citroen Mehari
1968 Citroen ID 20
1965 356 C
Old 04-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Senior Curmudgeon

Trak Ratt has one HoF thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiffyjiff View Post
and the suction cup on the windshield (isnt that against the rules too???)
Yes they are! Prolly added it after tech and Pit Out Crew missed it. Noted for future events though...

I hope to arrive to my death, late, in love, and a little drunk!

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand... Homer Simpson

"That's what's keeping me out of F1.... Too much mental maturity...." N0tt0n

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.

CHAOS, PANIC, AND DISORDER my work here is done...

Live without pretending, Love without depending, Listen without defending, Speak without offending
Old 04-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Have a Grateful day

Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonioconceicao View Post
Amazing how Ryan just kills you between T6-T8 reminds Lane pull away from me at Club race
Not by the end of the weekend. Told him just to make a smooth/slow transition turning the wheel From T7 into T8 and you can feed throttle earlier and harder there. By end of weekend he was right on my ass coming out of T9 almost every time. Next time I'm keeping my mouth shut

'19 991 GT3 RS Weissach
'08 997 PCA H class
'89 930 Targa
'18 F150 Raptor
'16 991 GT3 RS
'18 991 GT2 RS
'16 AMG GT S
'10 997 GT3 RS
'07 997 GT3
'09 Aston Martin DBS
'96 993 H Class
'14 F150 Raptor
Old 04-06-2012, 11:03 AM
Shock Whisperer

ausgeflippt951 has one HoF thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundel View Post
Just stunning. Steering through corners with your right hand on the shifter and sawing away with the left, comming out of the pits with safety equipment not donned or loose, and finally celebrating the off of another as though it were a goal of yours. I was a little disappointed I did yout see you take a phone call while you were out there.
Clarke, It's obvious you're wicked fast in that GT3! It really is fun to watch you fly through the track; the driver + car really make a great team of making it look effortless! Please know I'm approaching you with the highest level of respect.

If I may, I'd like to offer a suggestion (coming from a new guy): it would help to offer a bit of a disclaimer/preface to posting those videos, lest some of the more inexperienced drivers get the wrong idea. I couldn't help but notice a few egregious tendencies that were highlighted by your videos that tend to contrast with the "Safety is Paramount" mantra given at the Drivers' Meetings:

1) Putting on gloves (driving with your knee?) and fixing/adjusting belts on the out lap.
2) When merging onto the front straight, not giving the point-by to the car coming up from behind.
3) Even though your left hand is hovering over the wheel, it's not really doing anything -- it's your right hand that is doing all of the work. Reminds me of watching Formula Drift.
4) As others have mentioned, the suction cup is not appropriately held in place...
5) Were you 'cheering' when your fellow GT3'er went off in T2?

Finally, not sure if this one is legitimate or not (it's more for my benefit than anything): are drivers in Red/Black required to wait for a point-by in order to pass? We were required to back in AZ but our passing areas were not as numerous/all-encompassing.

Please know my intent is not to sound like a prick, and believe me -- I'm well aware that I'm the new guy telling the experienced guy my 2cents (I certainly debated saying anything all). I definitely respect your ability to drive your car FAST. The purpose of DE's are to educate, and as soon as we post a video on the internet and share it with our peers, the expectation has been set that some sort of educating will take place. Given your high level of experience, I'm just concerned some of the less-experienced drivers would watch your videos and assume this is acceptable behavior for their run groups...and then get screamed at when their instructors see them doing it.

'86 951: lucky number 13...rare 6.0L edition.
'06 M3: hers.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:30 AM
Have a Grateful day

Ryan

I'm not going to defend clarke on many of the points made as I tend to agree. However I will clear up a few. For those that don't know, I'm the grey car in front of him.

His reaction from me going off stems from the fact he's never seen or heard of me going off in the last two years of chasing me around the track (while he's had quite a few). The off was benign, and actually very savable. I way overcorrected and basically drove off leaving the biggest duststorm ever. I came in knowing he must have been rolling on the floor (he was). He told me about the video and his reaction on it.

No point by on the straight - He was doing hotswaps all weekend so would come out last from the pits. He knew I was going out first and would pedal hard during yellow to come around so we could run together. So he knew it was me, I knew it was him. However, while it wasn't dangerous, starting I beleive last year PCA Pot omac requires a pass signal to be given by person entering track

Agreed, these shouldn't be used as training video for green and blue students ..... well maybe they could .... on what not to do.

'19 991 GT3 RS Weissach
'08 997 PCA H class
'89 930 Targa
'18 F150 Raptor
'16 991 GT3 RS
'18 991 GT2 RS
'16 AMG GT S
'10 997 GT3 RS
'07 997 GT3
'09 Aston Martin DBS
'96 993 H Class
'14 F150 Raptor
Old 04-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Shock Whisperer

ausgeflippt951 has one HoF thread
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I'm not going to defend clarke on many of the points made as I tend to agree. However I will clear up a few. For those that don't know, I'm the grey car in front of him.

His reaction from me going off stems from the fact he's never seen or heard of me going off in the last two years of chasing me around the track (while he's had quite a few). The off was benign, and actually very savable. I way overcorrected and basically drove off leaving the biggest duststorm ever. I came in knowing he must have been rolling on the floor (he was). He told me about the video and his reaction on it.

No point by on the straight - He was doing hotswaps all weekend so would come out last from the pits. He knew I was going out first and would pedal hard during yellow to come around so we could run together. So he knew it was me, I knew it was him. However, while it wasn't dangerous, starting I beleive last year PCA Pot omac requires a pass signal to be given by person entering track

Agreed, these shouldn't be used as training video for green and blue students ..... well maybe they could .... on what not to do.

Cheers mate Definitely look forward to catching up with you guys in person. </soapbox></highhorse>

'86 951: lucky number 13...rare 6.0L edition.
'06 M3: hers.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Pro DE driver

good hands

Quote:

Just post some bikini pictures of Sly and all your driving sins are forgiven.

2014 GTB1 World Champion
8 Time National DE champion

88 911 Cup
13 Boxster S
1969 Saab Sonett
2005 Cayenne
2013 Cayenne
2014 F150
Hurricane race trailer with A/C
05 Cup car
02 Koni 996
Old 04-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Porkchop & SGB for prez!

Vicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threadsVicegrip has seven HoF threads

What we do and what we post?

“Those that can make you believe in absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” Voltaire.

"There is grandeur in this view of life...." Darwin.

The mountains are calling and I must go.

“The earth has music for those who listen”
Shakespeare.

You Matter.
(Until you multiply yourself times the speed of light squared. Then you Energy)

“We’ve got lots of theories, we just don’t have the evidence’.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:32 PM

GT3

Quote:
Too loud, can't hear the phone.
10 GT3
18 S6
22 F250 King Ranch

Gone:
18 F250 King Ranch
12 F450 Lariat
11 GT3RS silver
11 GT3RS white
10 Cayenne GTS
08 Cayenne S
06 997 C4S cab