Dorkiphus.net

Dorkiphus.net (https://dorkiphus.net/porsche/index.php)
-   Track Talk (https://dorkiphus.net/porsche/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   March 31 Potomac DE (https://dorkiphus.net/porsche/showthread.php?t=27182)

ausgeflippt951 03-28-2012 11:37 PM

Does SP allow camping onsite? Might be a convenient alternative for me instead of driving back to Fairfax.

GT3 03-29-2012 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMAN (Post 393598)
Mrs B and I will be sharing the Cayman this weekend. Thought we were all set with fresh fluids all around but sniffing around the car a few minutes ago I discovered the battery's dead. :grrr: I knew it was weak and put a battery tender on it over the weekend but it doesn't seem to be holding a charge.

Looking forward to the weekend!

BS excuses.

GT3 03-29-2012 04:12 AM

just saw the revised schedule. 3 runs per day. WTF?!

Trak Ratt 03-29-2012 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GT3 (Post 393606)
just saw the revised schedule. 3 runs per day. WTF?!

Wow, that must suck!!! You should show your displeasure… I got it, don’t go! That will show them!! Yeah, that’s it don’t attend until they add at least 2 more sessions for the Red Group!!!

GT3 03-29-2012 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trak Ratt (Post 393607)
Wow, that must suck!!! You should show your displeasure… I got it, don’t go! That will show them!! Yeah, that’s it don’t attend until they add at least 2 more sessions for the Red Group!!!

I guess that since I am not part of the inner circle then I am not allowed to comment ??? ("inner circle" being those in charge of these things that volunteer their time thus having complete control over all aspects of these DE events and that I should shut up or volunteer or, as you said, protest by not showing up).

Carrera51 03-29-2012 07:47 AM

Come on guys, play nice. It's the first event of the year :) I am looking forward to it and I don't even have a car to drive.

Clarke, in the past when there were 3 sessions for each group, time per session was longer and in the end you actually get more total track time.

Maybe one of the DE staff can clarify.

GT3 03-29-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carrera51 (Post 393612)
Come on guys, play nice. It's the first event of the year :) I am looking forward to it and I don't even have a car to drive.

Clarke, in the past when there were 3 sessions for each group, time per session was longer and in the end you actually get more total track time.

Red group

Sat
1-25
2-25
3-30
total - 80

Sun
1-25
2-29
3-40 (combined with black)
total - 94

Vicegrip 03-29-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carrera51 (Post 393612)

IIRC it was 3X30 or 4X25 or 4X20. With any version the 3X30 is the least amount of time and any mechanical results in your loosing more of the day than with more runs. 1/3 of the day rather than 1/4. I seem to remember a fair amount of grumbling across the range of drivers when Potomac when 3X30.

With regards to instruction 4X is better than 3X. Student focus fades with run time. on the other hand instructing 4X a day is a bit of work. Some instructors don't mind the pace some do.

GT3 03-29-2012 08:06 AM

4x (shorter session) is much better than 3x (longer session).

HoodPin 03-29-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMAN (Post 393598)
Mrs B and I will be sharing the Cayman this weekend. Thought we were all set with fresh fluids all around but sniffing around the car a few minutes ago I discovered the battery's dead. :grrr: I knew it was weak and put a battery tender on it over the weekend but it doesn't seem to be holding a charge.

Looking forward to the weekend!

Really....all you need is a battery?!? Sears....PepBoys...AdvanceAuto......goooo.....NOW! :twisted:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ausgeflippt951 (Post 393604)
Does SP allow camping onsite? Might be a convenient alternative for me instead of driving back to Fairfax.

Technically, I don't believe our club rents the track with "camping" provisions. Different liablility/insurance/security issues from the track's perspective. If you pitch a tent, you might get busted. But have heard of people sleeping in vehicles & enclosed trailers without any problems. Although I've also seen tents pitched occasionally, and used to store gear. Not sure how the nite-time security patrols are conducted.